Celtarys Research opens a position for Principal Scientist PhD
Celtarys Research (www.celtarys.com), a newly created startup based in Santiago de Compostela (Spain), which develops and commercializes fluorescence-based innovative chemical tools to improve drug discovery, is looking for a PhD with expertise in Medicinal Chemistry.
She/He will be responsible for the conceptualization, design and execution of internal development projects, funded projects and custom development of fluorescent probes through the application of Celtarys Technology.
We are looking for:
- A PhD in Medicinal Chemistry with > 4 years’ experience as post doc.
- Extensive and accreditated experience in:
- Organic synthesis: full autonomy in design and realization of multipsteo synthesis (also more than 6-7 steps) for the obtention of complex molecular structure with specific restrictions in terms of stability (such as fluorophores, biomolecules derivatives, etc.);
- Strong and wide knowledge of biomolecules and small molecules purification and characterization approaches;
- Independent design of new molecules able to interact with specific targets of interest;
- Deep understanding of the biological data related to the compounds developed to incorporate them into new designs and/or potential refinement of molecular probes leading to successful experimental outcomes;
- Understanding of molecule/target interaction principles and modes;
- Knowledge of medicinal chemistry basis and approaches to modify molecules structures to improve their bioactivity; Strong independence, problem solving, troubleshooting skills and proven ability to lead research projects;
- Responsible and goal-oriented professional, able to integrate into a multidiciscplinary team and work in a competitive environment, dealing with multiple projects and client deadlines.
- Fluent in English
- Experience in the field of fluorescent probes development is a plus
- Lead and coordinate the conceptualization, design and execution of research projects for the development of fluorophores scaffolds and fluorescent probes and other bioactive polyfunctional compounds.
- Manage projects assigned and clients requests;
- Learn and apply state-of-the-art enabling technologies, specifically related to molecular design and organic synthesis (e.g. NMR, HPLC, mass spectrometry, etc.)
- Disciplined decision making, strategic thinking, and creative problem solving;
- Collaborate with chemistry and biology colleagues locally and throughout our collaborating research groups, companies and entities.
- Present ideas and results internally to discuss about possible issues/solutions and alternatives.
- The opportunity to open and lead new research lines within a growing innovative company
- Working within a young and committed team, with a sound scientific base and a unique patented technology
- Fixed competitive salary (annual gross salary >30k) according to the experience and capabilities of the candidate
- Full time position and flexible working environment